Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Weakness

I. Am. An intellect. At least I like to think I am. So please, understand that my weaknesses are completely out of character for me!

Examples of my strong will and character? I have read all of those fancy books, ranging from Grapes of Crap to that one poem that one guy wrote who is pretty famous and the poem is pretty long... to a book called "Landsford Hasting's Guide to Callifornia and Oregon". I have read all of those books, cover to cover, and in just a few days (maybe today?) I will have finished reading the Old Testament.

I am very organized, I can not sleep in a room that is messy. I'm like Psych. I see things, and I remember them. Maybe not photographically, but I remember where they are. So if you want to know where the user manual to my broken cordless mouse is? I can tell you! Even though I haven't ever used it. (It's in my bookshelf drawer with all my scrapbooking junk.)

I love good music and am perfectly fine listening to an Orchestra perform every song from the opera "Carmen" in one sitting. 

I'm also like Psych in the sense that when I see a cockroach, I tell myself "I can't eat that."

I laugh at nerdy jokes. I laughed for so long when someone in my math class called someone the derivative of acceleration. PRICELESS! I can speak politics and hold my own in a debate. When I was 9, I wanted a cellphone, my parents didn't want to get me one, so I wrote a 25 page essay explaining why they should get me a cellphone. And guess what? I got one!

All that being said... I am NOT one of those girls. You know the kind. They have their phone permanently glued to their hand, teeth that shine with the light of a thousand LED light bulbs, their noses perpetually turned up... but in a way... I am like them. I have the same weaknesses as them. And those weaknesses are...

The Bachelor
The Bachelorette
The Bachelor Pad
Jersey Shore
Gerbera daisies and the color pink
Any show having to do with weddings ever
Taylor Swift
Fro-Yo
Pretty Little Liars
America's Next Top Model

How could this have happened to me?! I love those shows more than I love... cake. Yes. More. Than. I. Love. Cake. *Note: I don't even love cake.*

There you have it. My head is forever hung in shame.

--Coriander

No comments:

Post a Comment