Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hot Men and Ninja Adventures

I had a boyfriend, once... Like, as in, about four hours ago. Yeah, I decided that I was tired of being property. He was holding me back! But enough about that.


It's amazing how much you start noticing attractive men when you KNOW it's time to break up. I'll only tell you about a significant few, though.


First off: There's the Friend's Hot Brother scenario. I have a friend who has a brother who was on a mission. Now his brother is no longer on a mission. And before his brother got back from his mission, I was joking with my (former) boyfriend about how when he got back I was going to fall for Hot Brother and totally leave him. But... here's the thing... Hot Brother got back from his mission over Christmas break and I walked into school the first day back and HOLY MANOLEY. That man is NOT. UGLY. Like, I-can't-take-my-eyes-off-him-when-he's-around-not-ugly. I think I have a crush on him, which is awesome, because I haven't had a crush for like years. (This includes, Mr. Ex, by the way. Good news for our relationship.) And, loveliest of days, it turns out Hot Brother is in my kempo karate class! This promises to be a very exciting semester.


Then there's the other guy: Customer at Work Guy. There was a customer that came in to the cleaners where I work a while back and was SO nice to me. He was Hispanic and had an attractive accent, but he kept telling me how kind and helpful I was and asked me my name. This was a few months ago. He'd come in a few times since then and was super nice every time, and yesterday he came in again to pick up his cleaning, and he told me he'd like to be friends, and asked me for my number. At this point, I was still dating Mr. Ex, but I was having second and eighth and thirtieth thoughts, but I blathered for a bit and finally came up with, "Ehh, well, ummmmm... I don't... have a... cell phone." Then I felt super retarded and went back in. I texted Mr. Ex, who was whining about how jealous he was of every other male that I talked to and told him that I HADN'T given Work Guy my number. But then I thought about it... And I went and wrote my number down on a scrap of paper and ran out just in time to catch him driving away. I handed him my number and he smiled and drove away. I felt proud of myself for being adventurous, and then later that night I broke up with Mr. Ex.


So, there you have it, my super exciting adventures in Men! I'll be sure to notify you about any exciting updates.

--Saffron

No comments:

Post a Comment