Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Mr. Quick

I broke up with Mr. Horrible, and suddenly it was like I had a sign on my back that said "This babe is a babe! Date her!"

Seriously. Boys started texting me and messaging before I even changed the relationship status on facebook. I hid the relationship status for a long time so we could figure things out, and it's like EVERYONE NOTICED. They didn't say anything... but boys started talking to me a lot.

Mr. Quick was the first one. It started out with "How do you know so-and-so?" And ended with "You're really cool, what's your number?"

He asked me out for the next week. We went to get shakes and talked. We talked and talked. A whole lot. Date started at... 8pm... ended at like.... 12:30pm. It was nice to talk and get out and meet new people. The only problem was, this wasn't really a new person, this was a guy I went to elementary school with, then he moved, then we went to high school together. Only he was a senior when I was a freshy. That's not a big deal when you're in college, a 4 year age difference... but it's a big deal when you're in high school. And then you grow up and you still feel really young in comparison.

He took me home, and asked me out again. The next date, I don't even remember what we did. But he said something about "So for Halloween, I was wanting to be ____, wouldn't it be funny if you were ____?" 

And I started feeling awkward, because it was the second date.... and also, I was only home for the summer. I'd be going to school in a few weeks, and he'd be going to a different school... and we'd be 2 hours apart. This was absolutely a fling in my mind, what was it in his?

The next date, we bought a fish. My fish. His name is Corrihor. A lovely beta. Well... I had fun playing games with his family, we went outside and talked.... I had fun being with him. But I noticed when I wasn't with him, I didn't really care. I actually really liked not being with him. When I was away.... and we had a date coming up... I'd dread it. I'd have a good time on the date... but I always dreaded spending time with him. I can't be with someone I dread spending time with!

So I decided that was our last date. 

BUT WAIT. There's MORE. He kept asking me out, and I was bad at saying no, so I would just say "Oh sure!" And then the day of the date, something OF COURSE would come up... sorry... can't go tonight.... my mom... choked.... on.... grape juice.... I had a tanning accident.... stuff.... sorry.... 

Meanwhile, I dated Mr. Tall, and started dating Mr. Everything. 

Well I broke up with Mr. Tall. (Kinda. Another story for another time.) And Mr. Everything and I started to become exclusive. I'd post pictures of us on facebook, I'd talk about him all the time.... I'd even mention him to Mr. Quick. But still he was asking me out. 

He'd text me SO MUCH. Then he'd text me and say "Lol sorry for texting so much!" And then text me way more. 

Then one day he asked me to a drive in, because he was moving the next day, and I said "Oh I'm feeling sick..." And he texted me and said that he was sorry if he was reading it wrong, but he liked me a lot, but it seemed like I was spending time with someone else, and he was really invested in our relationship, but he didn't know if I was as into it as he was, and he was sorry if he was reading it wrong and was sorry if I really DID like him the best and wanted to marry him, and it was all a misunderstanding, but he wanted to know.

So I said that just yeah.... I was dating someone else and I wanted to see where that'd go. The funny thing is that Mr. Everything does live an hour away.... and I knew him for shorter time than Mr. Quick. But he's MR. EVERYTHING. 

A few months later I was at a football game, engaging in witty banter with an unknown number from the opposing team. I call people darling and sweetie pie all the time. Complete strangers and everything. Eventually they called me "babe" back and I felt weird. So I asked who it was. And it was Mr. Quick. Awkward. 

Well that's the story of Mr. Quick. He was the first date after my break up. Stay tuned for stories of Mr. Tall.

--Coriander 

No comments:

Post a Comment