Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Fall Flings

Well friends, Rikki here, remember how I told you I had a story for you?
Well here it is, here is the story.

Once upon a time, I was at a church related service project with all my college babes. We were picking pumpkins for a local pumpkin farmer with our ward and a couple of others. I had never picked pumpkins before, I didn't know how tough it was. Pumpkins grow on these big thick vines that you have to cut through, and the vines are all prickly, so you need gloves to even touch them.
I came very unprepared.
 All I had were my hands, and my phone.
Neither were very much use for cutting through vines.
So, I did what any self respecting knifeless girl at a pumpkin patch does:
I found a cute boy with a knife and got my flirt on!

This particular boy was almost as big of a flirt as me, so we got along quite nicely. He got my number at the end of the night and had asked me on a date by the end of the week!

Now, I'm not sure what it is about fall,
but something about the air and the colors and the pumpkin flavored everything make everything so much more romantic.
Our first date, he asked me if I wanted to go on an adventure.
I liked that.
So we did
We set out to feed ducks, except we went to four different places before we finally found some. In the meantime, we did a lot of walking and a lot of talking. 
I told him about high school, and about the different people I'd dated.
He told me about his summer job as a cowboy in Wyoming, and how he takes his little nieces out on dates.
Basically I thought he was a dream.
He was cute, and sweet, and almost as big of a dork as I am. 
I could talk to this guy, 
I felt like he could really relate to me, and knew where I was coming from.
After our first date, I had high hopes
I'll tell you about our second date later.

Stay Spicy you guys,
Paprika

No comments:

Post a Comment